At Athens ObGyn, experience and innovation are our hallmarks
At Athens ObGyn, our physicians and staff have one mission – to provide our patients with the finest care and state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment protocols. We established our practice in 1955 and continue to uphold our tradition of excellence in gynecology and obstetrics.
Physicians at Athens ObGyn have special training in every aspect of women’s health
Every physician at Athens ObGyn has completed at least four years of specialized training after medical school in the field of gynecology and obstetrics. Our physicians also participate in continuing education courses to keep up with the latest advances in women’s healthcare. We strive to provide our patients with world-class care and treatment options.
Our services go above and beyond traditional expectations
At Athens ObGyn, women can expect more than a traditional obgyn’s office provides. We offer a selection of specialty services.
- Infertility diagnosis and treatment
- preventative wellness counseling
- Menopause management
We make every effort to fully meet our patients’ healthcare needs.
We offer several services in our office for our patients’ convenience
We understand that our patients lead busy lives, so Athens ObGyn provides various options to save women time and make their lives easier.
- Lab work. We have a full-time phlebotomist to draw blood for lab work.
- Special diagnostic testing. Testing options include mammography, ultrasounds and in-house lab.
- In-house vaccinations. Patients can receive many vaccines in our offices, including the flu, Tdap and HPV vaccines.
- In-office surgery. Patients who require certain surgeries, including hysteroscopy, dilation and curettage (D&C), loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) and endometrial ablation, can take advantage of our in-office surgery setting, allowing them to have a procedure, recover in the care of our staff and go home on the same day.
Our physicians perform surgery and deliveries at renowned area hospitals
When patients need surgery, our physicians direct them to either Piedmont Athens Regional or St. Mary’s Health Care System. Our highly trained and skilled physicians perform minimally invasive surgery at both of these facilities.
Physicians at Athens ObGyn deliver babies at both Piedmont and St. Mary’s. Both facilities provide a NICU for premature births, classes and hospital tours.
Meeting women’s healthcare needs from adolescence to menopause and beyond
Our personable physicians attend to women’s issues from the teen years to the senior years, using their experience to help diagnose and treat women’s changing needs. At Athens ObGyn, patients are a vital part of our team, providing us with the critical information we need to give them the finest care. Contact us for an appointment.